A pipeline worker who has worked in the industry for 53 years is speaking out against President Joe Biden’s cancellation of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
“It’s like a kick in the stomach that knocks the wind out of you,” Guy Williams, who would have been an inspector on the project, told Steve Doocy on “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday. “We’ve waited on this pipeline for 10 years.”
The president signed an executive order last week revoking the March 2019 permit for the Keystone XL Pipeline.
In response, Williams pointed to several environmental studies done by those involved in the project to ensure its safety.
“We’ve done every environmental study known to mankind, have done them and done them over again,” Williams said. “Trust me, we’ve done our due diligence.”
“We know what we’re doing right now. You know, just let us go do it,” he added.
Williams, who is a second-generation pipeline worker, thought of his grandchildren, saying Biden should “look into their eyes” and tell them about the executive order.
“You come look at them in the face, and tell them that, ‘You know, I just, [with] one stroke of the pen, killed eleven thousand high-paying jobs,’” Williams said.
Williams questioned where those who were expecting to work on the project would be able to find jobs.
“I have no idea,” Williams said. “I live in a predominantly farming community in the Louisiana Delta land.”
“There’s basically no industry whatsoever here,” he added.
This is an excerpt from Fox News.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.